SDT adds, to the OpenFEM distribution, support and
- solvers for structural dynamics problems (eigenvalue, component mode synthesis, state-space model building, …);
- solvers capable of handling large problems (100 000 DOFs or more) efficiently when MATLAB does not;
- a complete set of tools for graphical pre/post-processing in an object oriented environment;
- high level handling of FEM solutions using cases (boundary conditions, constraints, physical parametrization);
- interface with other finite element codes with FEMLink.
Access to the SVN version of OpenFEM can be found at support.sdtools.com/projects/openfem where you will also find OpenFEM discussion forums and a download section.
SDTools typically posts a beta version of SDT that includes the latest OpenFEM developments at https://www.sdtools.com/sdtcur. This copy is meant for collaboration with advanced SDT users and can be installed as a normal SDT.