Train/track interaction model
The aging of the various components of the train track is a major concern for maintenance. Experience with high speed trains indicates that train/track interactions need to be taken into account to study these effects properly.
SNCF (French Rail Road Company) needed a simplified coupled model (track and vehicule) to answer questions such as
- When is it important to take into account track dynamics for the evolution of geometrical defects?
- What is the impact of each layer component on the global track behaviour?
- What is the influence of non linearities?
- What is the influence of layers variability?
The Dynavoie software is designed to allow rapid iterations on the on relation between track components and dynamic response in the low frequency range. Publications are
- Numerical Study of Railway Track Dynamics : Case of a Transition Zone E. Arlaud, S. Costa d’Aghuiar, E. Balmes, G. Faussurier, Railways 2016, Download PDF
- Validation of a reduced model of railway track allowing long 3D dynamic calculation of train-track interaction, E. Arlaud, S. Costa d’Aghuiar, E. Balmes, IACMAC 2014, Download PDF
- A reduced track model to understand the dynamic behavior of the track, E. Arlaud, S. Costa d’Aghuiar, E. Balmes, GEORAIL 2011, Download PDF
- Modèles dynamiques réduits de milieux périodiques par morceaux : application aux voies ferroviairesE. Arlaud, PhD Thesis 2016
Graphical user interface and parameters handling with Excel
Periodic sub-structuring of the train track
For more information on these extensions contact email@example.com.