These extensions to the SDT combine all the tools needed for the study of structural vibration and acoustics for structures with frequency and temperature dependent materials. The main areas covered are
- material description. Standardized representation of material behavior. Non parametric representations as a function of parameters (frequency, temperature, pre-stress, …). Master curve extraction and identification tools to build parametric models, …
- Meshing tools generating shell/volume/shell models from shell only meshes and for importing model matrices (from NASTRAN, ANSYS, …) for use of MATLAB/SDT solvers.
- Acoustics tools allowing the generation of fluid/structure coupling conditions for incompatible fluid/structure interfaces, fluid FEM models in pressure formulation, model reduction strategies for resolution of the coupled problem.
- Specialized solvers. Full order computation of transfer functions for parametric ranges (frequency, temperature, …) using innovative iterative methods. Implementation of Modal Strain Energy (MSE) method for reference.
- Post-processing tools. Damping estimation from computed FRFs. Modal filter based mode tracking. Construction of superelements for substructuring analyses, …
| Automotive floor panel :
optimization and design of viscoelastic layers
|Fluid/structure interaction for an automotive body (structural model with 1e6 DOFs)|
While this toolbox does not have the maturity of other SDTools products (imperfect documentation, lack of robustness, … ) we have proposed specific licensing to industrial users in the automotive, aerospace and energy industries. For more information about such licensing get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will find the current PDF documentation here (again please understand that this is still work in progress).
System requirements are current licenses of MATLAB, SDT, FEMLink are also needed for most practical applications where the toolbox is used to design structures.
Sample application Viscoelastic materials are often used to damp vibrations in automotive and aerospace applications. The SDT allows easy manipulations of the models which enable parametric studies for various viscoelastic materials, temperatures, …
Response of a metal/viso/metal press formed part for a range of frequencies and temperatures