1.6 Licensing utilities
1.6.1 Installation procedure (SDT >=7.2)
(https://www.sdtools.com/distrib/beta/sdtcur.zip) and unzip to a temporary directory (no accents accepted in the name, do not use a directory in matlabroot/toolbox)
- go to this directory in MATLAB and use
sdtcheck sitereq to generate a license request. This is a string (SE_"base"_ ...)
- sent the request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can generate a license sdt.lic file.
- in the mail indicate if you have purchased a license or if this is a demo, your contact information and some indication of your interests (SDT covers many topics, so this indication is to help use guide you)
- Save the sdt.lic file which you will receive by email in the same directory.
- Install using sdtkey install. You may define a local variable target='mydir' to specify a non default location for your SDT. The default fullfile(matlabroot,'toolbox','sdt') may require Administrator access. You should then start MATLAB as an administrator or install elsewhere and manually move the directory afterwards.
- edit startup or pathdef.
This is a sample script
Note that the licence file is copied in sdt/7.5/sdt.lic if you ever need to edit it.
1.6.2 Floating licenses
Floating SDT licenses can use the RLM license manager. To install the server, download https://www.sdtools.com/distrib/RLM.zip.
For windows, save the RLM.zip/win64 directory to the target location of your server and start a shell (cmd.exe)
- For Linux, save the RLM.zip/glnxa64 directory to the target location of your server and start a shell.
- Obtain configuration information for the license generation (note the second line will fail if you do not yet have a RLM server on that machine).
- Send the associated information by email, so that we can generate a license sdt.lic file for your license server.
- Once you have received the sdt.lic file and placed it in the server directory where you will also find the sdt.set file. You can start the server using
rlm > outputfile
Note that you should NEVER run the RLM server as a priviledged user (root on unix or administrator on Windows). You can also find more administration help at http://www.reprisesoftware.com/RLM_License_Administration.pdf. In particular, the -install_service option is useful for windows, and boot time init is described for Linux.
On the client side (local copies of SDT), you will need to follow the procedure for SDT installation at https://www.sdtools.com/faq/Release.html, you must in particular provide the license request of the first installation matchine (further copies can then later be made as detailed below) and check that your SDT
has the sdtrlm mex file. Use which sdtrlm to verify where this is located.
- have a license file sdt.lic located in the MATLAB preference directory (prefdir). sdtkey('licfile') returns the currently used location.
- That the license file is correct. Typically when a license server is used, the file only contains two lines HOST specifying the server name and port, ISV sdt specifying the use of an SDT server. The port specification on the second line may be necessary in configurations with firewalls but may be deleted otherwise.
HOST NameOfServer ANY 5053
ISV sdt port=50175
- To check the status of licenses used in your current MATLAB session use the following and possibly send the result to SDTools for diagnostic
- For details on the server status sdtcheck('rlmstat').
- Please note that for multiple installations, you simply need to use a network location (windows : windows server or Linux server with SAMBA, linux: NFS mount or equivalent) or copy the full SDT directory and possibly the license file sdt.lic to the user preference directory using
©1991-2020 by SDTools