Class constructor for variable handle objects.
The Structural Dynamics Toolbox supports variable handle objects, which act as pointers to variables that are actually stored as
uo user data of graphical objects (init with v_handle('uo',go)). This is in particular used in feplot to store the model in cf.mdl. For easier access, the format v_handle('uo',parent,'tag','TipCh') allows search by tag and possible creation as a invisible uicontrol.
It is possible to associate a callback executed when the variable is modified using v_handle('uo',go,SetFcn)
- so reference to another (stored) object.
- mat data in files. This latter application may become very useful when handling very large models. sdthdf indeed allows RAM unloading by keeping data on drive while using a pointed to it. A trade-off between data access performance (limited to your drive I/O performance) and amount of free memory will occur. Some supported file formats are MATLAB 6 .mat files (use v_handle('mat','varname','filename')), NASTRAN .op2,op4 (see nasread), ABAQUS .fil ...
For data in files, methods of interest are extraction def(rows,cols), total read def.GetData or def(:,:), and matrix multiplication c*def.
- hdf data in MATLAB >7.3 HDF based .mat files (see sdthdf hdfReadRef)
- base global variables (init with v_handle('global','name')), use is discontinued
- mkls 32 bit sparse (init with v_handle('mkls',k)) used for improved time response
v_handle objects essentially behave like global variables with the notable exception that a clear command only deletes the handle and not the pointed data.
Only advanced programmers should really need access to the internal structure of v_handle.
©1991-2017 by SDTools