Structural Dynamics Toolbox
Product documentation and demos
- Release notes in section 1.7 describe new features, new products, and important bug fixes.
- Many of the sections in this manual provide self contained demos. Other demo scripts are grouped in the sdt/sdtdemos directory. For a direct access use demo toolbox structural.
- The documentation contains both a tutorial part (see section 1.2 for typical application areas), with detailed examples and theoretical reminders, and a reference listing all functions. You can access functions by category or alphabetically (see also element functions).
- You can find a primer for beginners at http://www.sdtools.com/help/primer.pdf.
- Symbols in equations do not show clearly in the help browser shipped with MATLAB. The PDF documentation is clearer in that respect.
- For contact information see section 1.1.
Information on the use of the SDT html documentation :
To fully use the MATLAB help browser capabilities, it is recommended to build the search index of the SDT html documentation by executing the following command :
Then, to navigate in the documentation, several methods are possible.
Open the MATLAB documentation with the command doc, click on Structural Dynamics Toolbox in the list of "Supplemental" Software and navigate with the table of content on the left.
- Search for html pages with keywords entered in the Search Help location and select the most appropriate result.
- Directly access a html page knowing its name with the function sdtweb. For instance, to display the documentation of the feplot function which is named feplot.html, execute the command sdtweb feplot.
Note a MATLAB bug makes links within a page inactive (jumps to head of the page rather than appropriate location). You can open in the webbrowser where the links work using sdtweb('feplot','webbrowser').
©1991-2019 by SDTools